Monday, May 26, 2008

Interaction with Chima

It is May and I had planned an expedition oh one hundred men to accompany me on my exploration to Careta. I am hoping to find the local native chieftain Chima. I had herd interesting stories of him. We have arrived at that village but I have been informed by his people that he if off fighting with another chief named Ponca. To my surprise I have discovered other spaniards living with Chima's people after a being stranded there during an earlier expedition. I am extremely impressed by their kindness and hospitality toward my fellow countrymen. Chima and I have formed an alliance he has decided to convert to Christianity, and has been baptized with the name of Don Fernando. We have also agreed that Careta will claer land in order for us to farm. In return I have promised the support of my soldiers to fight Ponca.I will even wed with one of Chima's daughters.

No comments: